Brrr.... Summer has Arrived!

Summer arrived in San Francisco today, a bit early, with thick fog and wind. People that haven't been here assume that all of California is sunny with warm beaches. Oh, not here in San Francisco. As Mark Twain was famously quoted, "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco." Yes, no sandals or sundresses for me!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend with lots sunshine and fun! I'll be thinking of you all while I sit in front of my heater with my down jacket. Don't worry about me...

Comments

Oh Lynn! Very honestly it sounds like pure heaven to me!! I could easily live somewhere that never saw temps above 75 -- at the HIGHEST!!! :)

Trade places??

Have a great weekend and cozy up to a fireplace! :)

Ruth
wow- what a photograph~ breathtaking view!
Stephanie said…
Nice photo! I received the etiquette books today and I love them! Thank you so much, such a thoughtful giveaway. I'll be doing a post on my blog about them very soon.

-Stephanie
Unknown said…
Just wanted to let you know I thanked you in my blog for your lovely blog giveway!!
Lisa & Alfie said…
No kidding! And then there are days like today, expected low 90's! I moved here to get away from heat and humidity otherwise know as Stockton! Have a good weekend Lynn.
Lisa & Alfie (who doesn't know it but is looking forward to the poodle meetup!)
Anonymous said…
Stay warm.
Sending some sunshine your way,
B
Beth said…
Hi,

You’ve been given an award. Pls visit http://bethstakeonlife.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Beth
Ahhhhh, that sounds terrible. Bundle up!
gatherings home said…
We are going to reach the mid 70's today and I can tell you from a water logged, northwest native's viewpoint, it will be heaven. I will be basking in it. Stay warm!
I'm jealous...seriously if you lived in the cold all summer, you would want the heat!

Popular Posts