Cherish Every Moment...


Pat selling her lovely wares some years ago...

When I entered the Alameda flea market yesterday, I made a bee line to my friend Pat Story's booth to say "hello." It had been a couple of months since I'd seen her. A strange face in her booth told me she'd died two weeks ago.

What? Tears flowed and flowed as I tried to put my game face on and shop for antiques. Pat was the most generous and kind person. A real gem. Always there to give you a big hug.

I'll miss her smiling face and her annual holiday pumpkin or banana bread. How could I possibly shop at the flea market when I just heard of this death. I tried as people said hello to me and tears were streaming down my eyes.

Needless to say, time is racing by and I guess it's hard to accept that many of us are at that age that we're losing people left and right. I'm almost afraid to answer the phone these days. Seems that I'm getting bad news weekly.

Cherish every moment because one never knows. Talk to your loved ones and give a big hug. And to anyone that knew dear Pat, we will truly miss her. RIP my sweet friend.


Comments

Popular Posts